Who we are
We are the National Federation of Shopmobility (NFSUK) a company owned by the British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA). Below you will find a summary of the information we collect to carry out our business and provide our services and how it is used.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information the NFSUK holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You also have the right to request that your information is deleted; or that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes. If we are unable to comply with your request we will tell you and explain why. We will aim to respond to you within one month and will not charge a fee for your request (but reserve the right to do so if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive).
Please address requests to the Director of Governance & Policy, British Healthcare Trades Association, Suite 4.6, The Loom, 14 Gowers Walk, London E1 8PY.
Information we collect and what we do with it
Our website www.nfsuk.org collects some generic information automatically; this is statistical information only. The data gathered lets us know when and how much traffic a web page gets. Internet IP addresses are also logged for security purposes.
This information does not include visitor identities or any personal data, and we will never combine this generic information with any personal information.
Members of the public
- We may log calls and emails to enable us to monitor the performance of companies and to build up a bank of frequently asked questions. We may ask for your name, telephone number and/or email address to enable appropriate follow up. We will not process this information for any other purpose.
- If you request a copy of our directory we will only use your name and address/email address for the purpose of sending them to you and we will also hold your data for 12 months to enable us to let you know when the new issue is produced.
We will only share your personal information with third parties where you give prior permission or where we need to do so to comply with a legal obligation.
The Federation holds information regarding your company to enable us to provide membership services to you. The company name and address is published on the Federation’s website and this information is shared with the following organisations to evidence that the company is a NFSUK member and signed up to the BHTA Code of Practice:
- Chartered Trading Standards Institute (Consumer Codes Approval scheme)
- Citizens Advice (National Consumer Helpline)
- My Local Services
- Reference Line
- Disabled Living Foundation
- Tourism for All
We hold personal information about contacts at each company which may have been provided by our main contact, or for example may be added following attendance at an event. This personal information is not given out to the public and is for our records only for the purposes of contacting you with regard to your NFSUK membership.
We share the contact details of our main contacts with the following organisations for marketing purposes:
- ICB UK Ltd (insurance scheme provider)
- BHTA Engage Ltd (personal data is not included unless specifically asked for)
- BHTA (CoP provider)
You will have the opportunity to opt out of contact by these organisations on signing up as a member and at renewal each year, or can contact us at any time to do so.
- Your company may be audited or mystery shopped as part of our Code of Practice monitoring. Records relating to these, plus customer satisfaction feedback forms and any complaints against your company will be held for a maximum of 3 years. (Please see the section relating to members of the public and mediation and arbitration above for more detail regarding complaints records.)
- We publish a fortnightly newsletter as part of our service to you, but you can opt out of this at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter. Because we operate primarily with businesses rather than individuals we do not generally seek your consent to send you communications and news. We believe that such communications are in the legitimate interests of both parties, to raise awareness of our work and promote our services and communicate with you regarding your membership.
Under no circumstances will NFSUK staff divulge the names of the contributors to a statistical survey; the results will only be presented in an statistical way with no personal data attached, unless this was agreed when the survey was set up, or subsequently by agreement with all contributors. Individual returns will be kept strictly confidential and will be destroyed following analysis of the results.
Article 68 of the Articles of Association requires us to hold minutes of meetings in perpetuity, which will include participants’ names.
When our relationship with a company ceases we will remove all personal data from our system and only keep the publicly available information (address, email where it is a generic email, telephone number) the contact names will be removed unless we are given permission to keep them. The hard copy file will be destroyed no more than 2 years after the date of leaving. We will check that you are happy to remain on our contact list every 12-18 months and you can contact us at any time to be removed.
We hold financial information in line with statutory requirements.
Our initial contact with prospects is normally by email or letter or face to face at meetings and events. If at any point you do not wish us to contact you again please telephone us on 01933 229644 or email Shopmobility@bhta.com. We will keep a log of your company name and the date when you made the request, to ensure we respect your wishes.
We may hold contact information for relevant stakeholders in the healthcare and assistive technology sector and media which will be collated from public sources, or which may be acquired at events and meetings.
We may use this to send copies of our magazine, the “the shopmobility directory”, or to publish information about NFSUK and member activity, but you can opt out at any time by contacting us on telephone 01933 229644 or by email to email@example.com
Events and courses
Information will be required to secure your booking for an event, process your payment (where applicable) and ensure that your health and wellbeing is catered for. Information may be passed on to a third party such as an external training/event provider delivering on our behalf, or to external caterers or the venue staff.
We may take photographs at events, or video them, but will make you aware in advance where this will be the case. The material may be used for social media and future marketing and promotions.
For all other events delegate information will be deleted no more than 3 years after the event.
Security and storage of your personal information
National Federation of Shopmobility UK, Meadow Close Ise Valley Ind Estate, Wellingborough, NN8 4BH Tel: 01933 229644 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.nfsuk.org
Published: May 2018